Almost nothing compares to the satisfying feeling of soft, smooth skin right after a shave – until a few days later (or the next day!) when you start noticing the scratchy stubble beginning to grow back when you cross your legs or when you are wearing jeans that rub against your leg.
Of course, there's nothing wrong with letting your hair grow because there is nothing shameful about our body hair. But, if you dream of as-close-to-stubble-free skin as possible, there are a few practical steps you can take that'll give you a long-lasting smooth shave.
Read on for our best tips to keep your stubble softer and smoother 24/7 with our minimal time-saving techniques!
Seven Simple Ways To Make Your Stubble SofterSo, why does our stubble feel so sharp? The main reason is the shorter the hair stubble, the more uneven and sharper the edges feel. Also, as hair that has been shaved starts to grow back, the harsher it will feel to us. The other reason for our sharp feeling of stubble is our underlying skin, and our hair is too dry.
Of course, there are other ways to remove body hair besides shaving, such as laser hair removal or waxing. However, these have the potential to be irritating to the skin as well as inconvenient and time-consuming.
We have a much easier way to get your stubbles softer for longer! Keep reading to find out our best tips for the perfect shave!
Time to soften our stubble!
1. Exfoliate the Day Before You ShaveExfoliating the day before your shave helps eliminate all the dead skin hanging around and ensures you have a smooth, clean surface to shave. Gently buffing your skin with your favorite exfoliating product will also remove any ingrown hairs or anything on your skin that may cause your stubble to grow back sharper and uneven. Finally, starting with a clean, smooth surface leaves your skin silky and ready for a close shave!
2. Shave As Your Last Step in the ShowerThe longer you are in the shower, the softer and more relaxed your hair follicles will be for hair removal. Your skin will be moist and prepped for a smoother shave, which, in turn, will help avoid irritation and inflammation. The less irritated and inflamed your skin is after a shave, the less likely your stubble will grow back sharp.
3. Always Use a Shaving Gel or CreamIt doesn't matter what you use in the shower: shave, gel, foam, cream, or mousse. As long as you use something to help soften skin and hair for a smooth, flawless shave. The softer the shave and more flawless the shave, the softer the stubble will grow back!
4. Pick the Right Razor!Your razor is one of your most essential tools to soften stubborn stubble. You want one moisturizing and nourishing to the skin so it will not cause razor burn or irritation. Both of which contribute to annoyingly sharp post-shave stubble.
Our All-In-One Portable Razor comes with a lubricating pre-shave strip with soothing chamomile and olive oil. It also has a moisturizing bar with coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter for the silkiest shave.
Be sure to store your razor in a clean, dry space when not in use!
5. Use an Ultra-Hydrating Body Moisturizer
After drying off, always hydrate your skin with an ultra-hydrating body lotion. Your skin can quickly become inflamed and dehydrated after shaving, which is why something with extra moisturizing components such as tea tree oil, witch hazel, and jojoba oil could help with hydrating your skin.
Our smooth operator ultra-hydrating body lotion is perfect for all skin types and can help soften and soothe the most stubborn stubble. And, as always, it is in a convenient TSA-approved container!
6. Shave With the Grain
The direction of your shave can make a noticeable difference in the smoothness of your post-shave stubble. Shaving with the grain, or in other words, the direction in which your hair grows, will reduce the chances of irritation, redness, and sharp stubble. It is the closest shave possible.
7. Be Sure To Regularly Change Your BladesA dull razor can lead to irritation, redness, unnecessary cuts, making stubble grow back sharper. So we recommend changing your razor cartridges every two to four months, depending on how much you use our All-In-One Portable Razor.
Check your razor's instructions for how often you should change it, so you always have a clean, ready-to-go razor when you need it most.
SummaryTo effectively soften and reduce annoying sharp stubble, you need to find the right razor, ultra-hydrating body moisturizer, and shaving cream that works best for you. Next, check your razor's instructions for how often you need to change the blades. Then, follow these simple, efficient steps for the softest stubble possible!
Do you want to simplify your beauty routine even more? Then, take our quiz to find what works best for you!
Join the #alleyooptroop and let us know how you soften your stubble!
How to Shave Your Legs Perfectly | Glamour
How to Make Shaving Last Longer - 6 Tips for Smooth Shaved Legs | Cosmopolitan
Feeling Prickly After Shaving? 11 Shaving Tips To Feel Smoother Longer | Bustle